v0.14 of libc5-libc6 autoupgrade script
the latest version of the auto-upgrade script is available from
changes since the last public release (v0.11):
v0.12: (Robert D. Hilliard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- modified to fix errors encountered when upgrading a rex filesystem:
- force removal of essential package timezone before installing
- remove xmanpages (if they are present before removing xlib6-dev.)
- remove perl-suid and perl-debug before upgrading perl-base and perl.)
- install ldso with a separate command from installing libc6 so ldso
will be setup before libc6 is installed.
- remove exit-on-error from installation of perl-base and perl
- configure --pending after perl installation.
- saved names of removed packages in a file
v0.13: (Craig Sanders)
- fixed globbing problem again for PKGS_LDSO and PKGS_LIBC6
- some cosmetic changes
- i didn't like the idea of redirecting error messages to /dev/null
so i got rid of it. I may use tee to save the output of this
script in a log file in some hypotherical later version.
- '|| exit 9' on the 'dpkg --configure --pending' line after installing
v0.14: (Craig Sanders)
- in v0.12, localebin was accidentally deleted from list of packages
to be removed. fixed.
ps: scott, you probably want to put this version on your autoup page.
pps: could whoever runs the dpkg bot in #debian make the bot send this
script when it sees 'dpgk !autoup'?
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .