Re: Windows Code running under Linux?
- To: Debian Development <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Windows Code running under Linux?
- From: Christian Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 01:06:19 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980126010452.9458A-100000@monet>
- In-reply-to: <19980126004345.16929@flora>
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 1998 at 02:36:12PM -0700, Brad Behm wrote:
> > If one can get Linux to run Java code, why can't one have Linux run
> > Windoze code?
> > Just a thought. If anyone has any comments/thoughts, etc., I'd like to
> > hear them.
> Beneath wine there is also WABI (commercial) and TWIN from www.willows.com.
> But it does not compile under glibc, so we have to wait for a fix. Then
> there most certainly will be a debian package.
Does someone know how soon the upstream maintainers of twin will switch to
glibc? If this will be after the code-freeze for hamm (probably in Feb),
we should IMHO consider to include a libc5-based version of twin in hamm.
-- Christian Schwarz
Do you know email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Debian GNU/Linux? email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7 34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .