Timezone upgrading problem

Considering the problem of upgrading timezone->timezones package, I was
just asking myself ...
"what is the reason of the change in the package's name?"

I know that the two packages have different sources, but I don't see any
problem in using the same name for the binary package, and handle the
different version number with an epoch.
The use of an epoch is less trouble that this change of name and
subsequent non-automatic upgrade.

In fact, while it is true that, selecting timezones, the old package
goes correctly replaced, this doesn't happen automatically (as people
would like): if you don't explicitly mark timezones for install, the
old package disappear, but the new one will not appear.

Therefore I suggest to use the old name also for the new package from
glibc, so dpkg will do a correct upgrade.

Fabrizio