Re: Mailing list policy

On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 05:53:49PM -0500, David Z. Maze wrote:

> What if we created a debian-unstable mailing list, like debian-user
> but specifically targeted for the current unstable distribution?  This
> would give a clear place to ask i.e. libc5-to-libc6 upgrade questions
> without clogging up debian-devel or debian-user.

I think this may be another artifact of the big lag between releases.
More people need up to date programs, and so must upgrade, especcially
now that unstable seems fairly stable in terms of not messing up one's
system (knock on wood;-).  My suspicion is that this will not happen
in the future if we can manage our releases a bit better.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org