Trying to figure out at, atrun, atd, and friends.

I have been trying to figure out how at works by reading the man pages.
This has provided some confusion, as the man pages are not internally
consistent (there are options listed at the Synopsis that aren't addressed
in the text), nor are they consistent with the usage message.

More to the point, there is not indication of how to write a "job" entry,
nor is there any clear indication of how at interfaces with cron, although
there is every indication that the two are intimately connected. The
/usr/doc/at directory has no content of value. (BTW, there is a
distressing amount of useless information in /usr/doc. It was my
impression that this directory would hold "additional" documentation and
not just copyright notices and changes files. When there is a READ.me file
in this directory, it is usually about installing or building the package,
also mostly worthless to the user trying to make something of the gigantic
pile of software we provide)

Some pointers on at would be very much appreciated, but I would really
like to see us begin to address documentation issues like this. Supplying
me with pointers will surely help me, but will do little for the other
users unless it makes it into the "core" documentation.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "The Debian User's Guide"    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-