ghostview: I want to take over maintainership

Hallo all,

I would like to participate in the debian project.
Some folk may have seen my silly questions on irc.debian.org:#debian.

I scanned the orphaned packes section in developer´s corner for a
package suitable for a newbie. Seems there´s only one package concering an
application which I use regularly and which I think will be easier to
maintain as a library:

ghostview

So be it. If YOU think this is to heavy to handle by a newbie, feel free
to comment.

Jens

P.S.: I contaced the current maintainer via email on monday, but did not
get a reply yet. What shall I do?

---
Jens.Ritter@post.rwth-aachen.de
finger jens@unsolved.weh.rwth-aachen.de for pgp-key
(during normal european business time hours)