Re: Dependency and priority mismatches

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@noah.dfis.ull.es> writes:

> I guess slang should have a higher priority, as it will be in the new
> boot-floppies and base system.

Boot-floppies, yes.  Base system also?

I sent some email to Bruce and sr1-boot-floppies on 1/11 about
util-linux, but no reply.

----
If I make the default cfdisk linked against slang, libslang needs to
move from /usr/lib to /lib, and libslang needs to be on the base disks
and in the base section.  Is that the plan?

Two other alternatives would be a cfdisk-slang package that wouldn't
normally be installed or if I simply apply the patch but turn it off
by default.  Boot disk creation would then have to do something like:
   cd .../util-linux-2.7.1/disk-utils
   make SLCURSES=1 cfdisk
   cp cfdisk ...
---

Do you know anything about this?  bash is always going to need
ncurses, so there's no way we can remove ncurses from base.
Personally I think one of my two alternatives is most reasonable.

Guy