Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Hi Manoj,

I also have problems about the /usr/src/linux symlink.

It really shouldn't be set up by the kernel-headers package, but by the
kernel-source package, which contains a complete source tree. I don't
think it makes a great deal of sense to include it with the headers alone.
Can you please detail a rationale for this?

Part of the problem you are receiving so many complaints about
kernel-headers now is that libc6-dev now depends on it, and what was once
an Optional package is now Standard. This has caused a new bug in the
kernel-headers-2.0.32 package: it has changed priority, but this has not
been reflected in the status file.

Since libc6-dev is a Standard package, kernel-headers-2.0.32 must change
priority from Optional to Standard to comply with Debian Policy 2.2:

	Packages may not depend on packages with lower priority values.
	If this should happen, one of the priority values will have to be
	adapted.

	Martin.