Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

[ I really don't want get into the actual /usr/src debate, but I had
  to comment on this ]

>  Unfortunately, the kernel header files are getting to be quite
>  architecture dependent, and hence if libc development packages
>  continued to include kernel headers explicitly, we would need
>  different headers for different architectures, resulting in
>  libc6-dev-i386, libc6-dev-m68k, et. al.

Que?  Say what?  Since when?  We already had a different set of kernel
includes for i386 and m68k in the respective libc6-dev debs (i.e. in
libc6-dev << 2.0.6).  There's no reason why a libc6-dev-$(ARCH) set of
debs would be needed.  I've no idea why David chose to seperate the
includes out (I haven't been following the thread (deliberately)), but
this was not it.

[ Maybe I'm missing something... ]

--
James