Re: JDK 1.1.5

> I'd try contacting him directly.  If he doesn't respond, then it's
> probably time to switch to Sergey Nikitin's version, I think.

Well, Sergey Nikitin's port is broken in several ways.

First of all, it is linked with libc6, libc6-based X libs AND
libc5-based Motif libraries (there is no libc6-based Motif yet).

Another thing is that he uses X libs with locales support built-in,
which is not to be done since the above support is included directly
into libc6. There is a simple workaround for this, but still...

And finally, he links the binary with shared libs in some funny way so
that dynamically linked version with Motif plainly doesn't work.

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _