Re: JDK 1.1.5

Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:
> > Steve has released his 1.1.5 port.  Jim Pick (the current jdk maintainer) is
> > waiting for me (the soon to be new jdk maintainer) to get my act together
> > well enough to register as a developer, at which time I'll release a jdk1.1.5.
>
> Really? I haven't notice the announcement neither on java-linux-devel
> nor java-linux-porting lists... Could you please point me to the place
> to download it?

I must have missed the announcement too.

His web page doesn't mention it:

http://www.blackdown.org/~sbb/

(of course, it doesn't mention 1.1.3v2 either)

On the 10th of December, he did say "hopefully ... this afternoon".

Maybe he got hit by a bus?

I'd try contacting him directly.  If he doesn't respond, then it's
probably time to switch to Sergey Nikitin's version, I think.

Patrick Tullman and Glynn Clements have done some nice work putting
together kaffe and the kore classes (with Biss-AWT too!).

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tullmann/kore/

I intend to package this.  I haven't tried the latest though.

Patrick asked me to delay though, since it involves a patched version
of kaffe different from the original.  He's going to try to get his
patches merged in.

There is a new kaffe release coming out very soon, with a new Biss-AWT
too.  It's been a while, and there's been a lot going on behind the
scenes, so it should be very interesting.  Maybe kore will even be
included?  Who knows?

Cheers,

 - Jim