Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	We have a mechanism in place that allows package management
>  while keeping in mind dependencies and such: I suggest we use it.

After thinking about it for a while, I realized that my only *real*
objection was that I was afraid that I couldn't still deal with
pcmcia-source's "debian/rules build" if I moved all my stuff to
/usr/local/src, because I thought it hard coded the kernel location as
/usr/src/linux.

After poking around, I realized that

  debian/rules KSRC=/usr/local/src/linux-2.1.79 foo

would do what I wanted, so I moved all my stuff to /usr/local/src, and
things have been fine ever since...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>