Re: rxvt backspace still broken

Brian Mays <brian@debian.org> writes:

> A large part of the time, rxvt is not started from a terminal but is
> started by a script or by the window manager.  In those cases, it will
> use ^?, just like the Linux console.  With the new BackSpace/Delete
> policy, any pty from which rxvt is started will have ^? as the erase
> terminal setting, unless the user has a good reason (hopefully) to change
> it herself.  Remember that the new pty inherits the old pty's terminal
> settings.  When erase has been changed to ^H, rxvt will follow suit.
> I think that this is acceptable behavior.
>
> Brian

I have another problem with the rxvt-2.4.5-1 package. The escape sequence
echo -n "^[[36h" doesn't seem to switch the current rxvt to use ^H as the
erase character. It used to work with earlier packages. Does any one else
face the same problem?

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (rganesan@novell.com)       | Ph: 91-80-5721852 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>