Re: Intent to package WvDial

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Jan 14, Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> wrote:
>
>  >1) Is there a way to tell pppd 2.3.x how to authenticate without changing
>  >   /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and chap-secrets?  WvDial stores authentication
>
> I think the best solution would be patching pppd to make it read the
> secrets file from stdin.

Not such a great idea, since pppd already uses stdin for its ppp connection
in many situations (such as when called by wvdial, as well as for incoming
ppp).

If we could have +ua back, "+ua -" for stdin might not be a bad idea,
assuming the ppp connection is being set up on a different tty.

I've written to the ppp people but I haven't gotten anything back yet.
Sigh...

Have fun,

Avery