Re: GGI first release

Joey Hess writes:
 > Bruce Perens wrote:
 > > The GGI group has issued its first public release. Was someone packaging
 > > this for Debian?
 >
 > Doesn't it still need a kernel patch?

It only needs the kernel patch if you want to use KGI (Kernel Graphics
Interface) as a target for libggi.  You may use X target instead if
you prefer a standard console driver (which I understand quite well -
it was not fully functionnal by the time I tried it, about 2 monthes
ago).

Then I guess you'll be able to run svga apps and XGGI (the X server
using libggi) on X itself, but I never tested it.

It would be quite nice to package it.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: