Re: ide-floppy, ziptools, fdmount

On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 09:52:43AM -0600, Douglas Bates wrote:
>  ide-floppy: hdc: I/O error, pc = 5a, key =  5, asc = 24, ascq =  0
>  ide-floppy: Can't get drive capabilities
>  hdc: 98304kB, 32/64/96 CHS, 4096 kBps, 512 sector size, 2941 rpm
>  hdc: The drive reports both 100663296 and 0 bytes as its capacity

Ugh!

> Has anyone started on packaging up the ziptools programs?  I know
> there is a jaztool package but I haven't seen anything about
> ziptools.  I don't believe that the jaztool programs work with ZIP
> drives.

I was going to package the "ziptools programs" which AFAIK consist of
ziptool.html and ziptool.c.  I am going to try and contact the authors and
ask them to GPL it, however there is no email addresses, only this in
ziptool.c:

/*  (c) 1996   Grant R. Guenther,  based on work of Itai Nahshon  */

Looking at ziptool.html there is a link there to Grant's email address so
I'll send an email to him.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS