Re: still can't get hamm installed ...

On Tue 13 Jan 1998, G John Lapeyre wrote:

> 	The doc says to install libreadline2_2.1-7 at some point, but I
> can't find it anywhere in the hamm tree.   I can't upgrade bash without

It's in binary-i386/oldlibs/libreadline2_2.1-7.deb (or at least it was
until recently).

> 	Just to make sure I understand... To put hamm on a new partition,
> I do a base install of bo, and then start chasing down packages and
> upgrading them according to the libc5-libc6 mini howto ?

Yes, that's what I did and it (basically) went fine. Install bo, follow
the mini howto to the letter, and then run dselect, pointing it at a
hamm archive. You'll have to run dselect a couple of times, as it
doesn't get the ordering right (a package depends on another package
which is installed AFTER the first package, which means the first time
the first package can't be installed).

There's also an upgrade script bouncing around on this list. It's
packaged together with the required packages, and should be available at
{http,ftp}://stormcrow.ml.org/pub/debian/autoup/

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands