Re: dhelp and doc-base (was Re: [Fwd: dhelp support?])

Marco.Budde@hqsys.antar.com (Marco Budde) writes:

> CS> Here is a concrete example how it could look like: The Debian manual
> CS> `Foo's and Bars' (to be written) is included in the "foo" package. The
> CS> manual is written in debiandoc-sgml, so HTML, Text, and postscript can be
> CS> generated.
>
> Have you tried that? As coordinator of the German HOWTOs I could tell you
> that the sgml-tools have got a lot of errors. Automatic conversion will
> not work. And there's another problem, not all documents use the same DTD.

> Or take latex2html. This produces totally unacceptable output.

> Some maybe we should fix the converters before we can release doc-base?

debiandoc-sgml *works*! I've been using it for HTML, TeX, PS and
text. It works pretty fine.

debiandoc has nothing to do with the linuxdoc DTD.

An alternative would be the using of the DocBook DTD with jade and the
docbook-stylesheets. With it you are able to produce at least rtf,
(tex - not all feature are working today) and html documents - I'm
doing it and O'Reilly is producing many books with it including the
print and the html version for the CD , i.e. the JAVA books.

Bye
  Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany