Re: procps

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Brian White wrote:

> > > Does anyone know where killall went? procps_1.2.2-1 doesn't seem to
> > > include it. "killall" is used in quite a lot of scripts, which are now
> > > starting to break.
> >
> > Yes, it got broken out upstream into a seperate psmisc package.  Which is
> > now stuck in incoming.  You can find an incoming mirror at
> > ftp://ftp1.us.debian.org/pub/debian/Incoming
>
> Why?  It dosen't seem worth splitting it.  If scripts (especially install
> scripts) are breaking because they expect that, then we should recombine
> them (or at least move killall back to the original).

It was broken out at the upstream level.  Since there are now two
different upstream sources, there are now two packages.  procps recomends
psmisc, so as soon as it gets through to the mirrors dselect users will
get it selected.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/