Re: perl5.004 for bo

On 08-Jan-98 Kai Henningsen wrote:
> That made me reread that message. Nope, my first impression still holds.
> Our customers on the phone are usually not like that. "Hey, your product
> is broken, you are idiots for breaking it, I'm going to install the
> competitor's product"? No. Don't get many calls like that - more like no
> calls like that, in fact.

Ok, whatever....  I guess you'll have to take my word for for it that we
really do get tons of calls like that.  It's especially frustrating when
they are wrong, and our system is *NOT* broke.   I guess the general
populace must a lot friendlier there or something.    Around here,
one often has to speak in that manner just to be acknowledged.  Again,
I have seen much more biting commentary than anything I have yet written.
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

>> Granted, I'm not paying you for support.  Why should that change your
>> attitude?
>
> It's not that you aren't paying us for support, it's that _nobody_ is
> paying us for support - and not for the product, either. Noone here is
> making a single cent on Debian.

And again, I ask, why should that change anything.  I'm sick of hearing you
complain that you aren't getting paid.  That still doesn't change how your
attitude should be.

> Anyway, what support? You obviously didn't want support, as was more than
> evident by your not taking it when it was offered. You were just
> interested in complaining. Well, now I'm interested in complaining right
> back at you.

AS you said, what support?   I guess the mistake I made was thinking
that IRC is a vilid means of support.   All the answers I got on IRC were
not usable, and mostly along the line of go fix it yourself.  Well, usually,
I have no problem with that, but I wouldn't be asking for help if I could do
that, now would I?

[rest deleted... not worth replying to]

David Morton         See my webpage for my public pgp key
E-Mail: mortonda@esuvm.emporia.edu
WWW: http://thinker.emporia.edu/~mortonda/home.html
Date: 10-Jan-98 Time: 03:53:55  CST -600 GMT