bo-updates coordination

[please do NOT cc me replies:-]

I don't think this is really a matter for debian-private anymore, so I'm
moving it to devel.

Given the creation of a bo-updates directory for those of us who wish to
provide backported versions of hamm packages for bo (thanks Guy!), we now
have the possibility to do this.  However, to avoid making a mess, I think
it would be better if it were coordinated to some degree, and volunteered.
I would really feel more comfortable if someone else would step forward,
but I'll do my best.  I dont' have any power, so we are going to have to
participate to make this work.

Ok, here is a shot at a list of packages that someone needs to do for
bo-updates.  It was generated with pkg-revdeps, and I'm not sure this does
all that we need - we may need something that shows dependencies on
specific versions as well...

Things to port to bo-unstable from hamm:

dpkg-dev
patch
perl
perl-suid
bash (will we have any of the weird libreadline problems?  probably not,
as they are both libc5, right?)
  libc5
  libreadline2
    libc5
    ncurses3.0
  ncurses3.0

apache
  ldso
  libc5
  mime-support
  perl

Things already done: (nothing uploaded though)
epic
lftp
mutt
patch

Please look over the relevant section in the policy manual.  Pkg-order,
for those interested, is a perl script, so it's (tahnkfully), easy to
install on bo.

Suggestions are very welcome

David Welton
davidw@efn.org  davidw@freenet.hut.fi  http://www.efn.org/~davidw
Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!
			 --Debian GNU/Linux--