Re: AucTeX

>>>>> "APH" == Adam P Harris.

I've uploaded auctex_9.8i-1 to master: maybe someone could look at it to
see if I've done things the right way.

I put a note in Description telling XEmacs people they don't need to
install it and compiled things with GNU/Emacs.

 >> 3) Current AucTeX package puts its data (.elc's) in
 >> /usr/lib/emacs/common; should I put them in
 >> /usr/share/emacs/whatever_is_more_appropriate or something else
 >> instead?  (Please, consider FHS and FSSTND, and the fact many
 >> packages already put stuff in /usr/share.)

 APH> I'd leave it where it is.  Or else put it in share and symlink
 APH> from /usr/ lib/emacs/common.  We'll embrace FHS in 2.1 or so;
 APH> right now it's FSSTD which is stipulated by policy.

I leaved things under /usr/lib/emacs/common.

 >> 4) AucTeX needs to periodically scan (La)TeX style files to keep
 >> itself in touch with what one has installed on his machine; it
 >> does this by cron.weekly.  Current AucTeX package puts resulting
 >> files under /usr (precisely just where it puts its data:
 >> /usr/lib/emacs/common); I believe I should put things under /var,
 >> instead: any comments, please?

 APH> Yes, /var/lib/emacs/auctex perhaps?

I think it's the right place as well, so I put auto generated stuff
there.

Thank you,

Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr]
Take a look at Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org/>.
Debian is the free operating system with open development model.