Re: AucTeX

> I think this might be because teTeX has now replaced AucTeX as the Debian
> TeX/LaTeX distribution of choice.  Of course TeX/LaTeX is so darn
> complicated I'm not really sure about this.

AucTeX is not a TeX distribution but a set of Emacs macros for easier
editing of (La)TeX documents.

Anselm
PL/I and Ada started out with all the bloat, were very daunting languages, and
got bad reputations (deservedly). C++ has shown that if you slowly bloat up a
language over a period of years, people don't seem to mind as much.
                                                                --- James Hague