Re: Is there a maintainer for the install doc?

> > Is anyone maintaining the Debian installation manual?
> > I know that Sven is no longer doing it. If not,
> > we will need a volunteer.
>
> I'd like to maintain it.  I plan to  be active on the
[snip]
Great!

One change that is needed is to change lines such as
<A HREF="ftp:rawrite2.exe">rawrite2.exe</A>
<A HREF="rawrite2.exe">rawrite2.exe</A>

This will allow the same pages to be used on an ftp site or
on a web site.

A few shortcomings of the current install docs:

They don't even mention fips anywhere, let alone how to use it to avoid
having to reinstall windoze (The developer who creates the tools to safely
,i.e. non-destructively, modify existing partitions during the installation
should get the Most Valuable Developer of the year award).

Newbies could really use some guidance on deciding how big to make partitions.

Divide into more pages so it doesn't seem so intimidating.

We already have the easiest to maintain distribution. We could really get some
converts if it was the easiest to install. Good clear instructions
really make a difference.

- Jay