Re: Debian 2.0 release requirements

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:
>
> > All applications registered to menus
> >
> >      The menu package included in the Debian distribution stores
> >      information about which applications are installed on the system
> >      and provides this data for X11 window managers or text-based menu
> >      programs like pdmenu. With that, the user always has up-to-date
> >      application menus, no matter which packages are installed or which
> >      menu program is used.
> >
> This one is new to me...I have been waiting for the menu system to
> stabalize. I guess this means that it has?
>
> Is there a description in the Policy Manual? More important is there a
> good example of how to impliment this and will it make it into the
> Programmers Manual?

It's already policy. Check out section 3.7 of policy 2.3.0.1.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com