Re: GUS driver package

Hello Enrique:

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@noah.dfis.ull.es> wrote:
> There is an "unofficial" deb package of the ultra driver. There is a link
> form Jaroslav's pages to the ftp site where you can download it. I've
> been using it for a while and it works fine, but the mantainer doesn't
> want to contribute it until he learns how to "debianize" the sources
> (right now he compiles the thing, moves everything to place by hand and
> then dpkg-build the binary package). If you want I can send you his
> address (don't have it here right now) and you two can coordinate, to avoid
> duplicating efforts.

I've been using that package as well, and even contacted the
maintainer (David Fries <dfries@mail.win.org>) some time ago in order
to offer him help with fixing the package and uploading it to Debian,
but he didn't show too much interest then.  Thus, I decided to do the
thing by myself, since there are some problems with David's package
(specially regarding compliance with Debian policy) that should be
fixed and since it would be nice to have an ultra package as part of
the official distribution.

However, I'll take your advice and contact David again, just to see if
he's more interested on collaborating with me now.  If so, I'll gladly
work with him to, as you point out, avoid duplicating efforts.

Best regards,

M. S.