Re: GUS driver package

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Martin Soto wrote:

> Hi:
>
> This is to state my intention of packaging the kernel drivers for the
> Gravis Ultrasound family of sound cards, made by Jaroslav Kysela and
> the Linux Ultrasound Project (see http://home.pf.jcu.cz/~perex/ultra/).
> If nobody objects, I'll be uploading a first version of the packages in
> a couple of days.

There is an "unofficial" deb package of the ultra driver. There is a link
form Jaroslav's pages to the ftp site where you can download it. I've
been using it for a while and it works fine, but the mantainer doesn't
want to contribute it until he learns how to "debianize" the sources
(right now he compiles the thing, moves everything to place by hand and
then dpkg-build the binary package). If you want I can send you his
address (don't have it here right now) and you two can coordinate, to avoid
duplicating efforts.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna