Re: BS in rxvt+ncurses

On Sun Dec  7 21:56:55 1997 +0000
           (Sekmadienis, 1997 m. gruodžio 7 d. 23:56:55 +0200),
  Philip Hands wrote:

> Sorry, but don't we keep on agreeing that the <--- key generating DEL is the
> right thing to do ?

        No, I don't think so.

> I could have sworn that I've been in several discussions that resulted in that
> conclusion, with the caveat that people should be able to reverse the default
> easily if they feel the need, as a local configuration option.
>
> I must admit that I have got a little bored with the discussion at times, and
> may have skipped some of it.  So if someone has a more powerful argument for
> ``<--- generates BS'' than ``well they sound the same'' I'd like to hear it.

        It was discussed really boringly often.

> I don't want to start a flame war, so feel free to mail me direct, and I'll
> summarise to the list.
>
> Cheers, Phil.

        Common trend is to use stty erase value for
key_backspace. In that way you can easily set it to whatever
you want or what suites your terminal even without root access.
        Some people may say 'that evil M$-DOS use Backspace
for Backspace key, let's do the opposite'. But I don't think
this is relevent.

                                Regards,
--

                                      Ričardas Čepas