Re: BS in rxvt+ncurses

On Sun Dec  7 09:15:28 1997 +0000
           (Sekmadienis, 1997 m. gruodžio 7 d. 11:15:28 +0200),
  Mark Baker wrote:

> In article <[🔎] m0xeO1J-000PxMC@localhost>,
> 	bem5r@virginia.edu (Brian Mays) writes:
>
> > Okay.  I'm building a new unstable version of rxvt with backspace set
> > to ^H.  From this point on, Debian's rxvt policy will be to use ^H as
> > backspace by default.
>
> Couldn't you force it to ^? instead? That would be far more sensible.

        Wouldn't it be better don't force people to use what they
don't  want? This only  results  in flamewars. There  is lots  of
configuration files and convincing every application to do 'right
thing' separately is  quite tedious.  Simple `reset'  can set stty
erase according to terminfo key_backspace.

--

                                      Ričardas Čepas