pentium specific packages

Now that ecgs has ben officially released, maybe it's time to think (again)
about pentium/pro/K6/... specific packages. I think it would be good to have
a section i586 which would contain pentium specific packages. I don't know
how this conflict with the current dpkg* tools (such as dselect). I know
that we could release packages like gzip-i586 (provides gzip). However this
is far from an ideal solution.

I've heard some pretty inpressive quotes regarding "visible" improvements
when using ecgs and so it may well be used for more than just the odd
package. I think we should take advantage of this, it would be a nice
"first" if Debian can do this properly before the other distributions.

Thanks

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS