Re: xlib6 vs. xlib6g

  Will>  A package I'm maintaining, rosegarden, has come out with
  Will> dependencies on xlib6 AND xlib6g.  I didn't do this by hand, I left
  Will> the "shlibs" stuff in the control file.

Happened to me once with an X11 package of mine. You probably have a mixed
libc5/libc6 system, and/or have left an old debian/substvars around.

  Will>  I would purge xlib6 from the system, but a lot of packages I need on
  Will> a daily basis need xlib6.

No problem --- just leave the xlib6 package.

  Will> How do I correct this?

If it helps, here is what I currently have (deleted some x* entries as
xearth, xlockmore, xpdf, ...)
etc)

ii  xbase           3.3.1-2        Local clients and configuration required by
ii  xcompat         3.1.2-4        X11R5 and X11R6 a.out compatibility librarie
ii  xcontrib        3.3.1-1        XFree contributed clients.
ii  xfnt100         3.3.1-2        100dpi fonts for X servers
ii  xfnt75          3.3.1-2        75dpi fonts for X servers
ii  xfntbase        3.3.1-2        Standard fonts for X servers
ii  xfntpex         3.3.1-2        Minimal fonts for PEX support in X servers
ii  xfntscl         3.3.1-2        Scalable fonts for X servers
ii  xlib6           3.3.1-2        Shared libraries required by X clients
ii  xlib6g          3.3.1-2        Shared libraries required by X clients
ii  xlib6g-dev      3.3.1-2        Include files and libraries for X client dev
ii  xmanpages       3.3.1-2        Manual pages for X developers
ii  xpm4.7          3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries (for libc5) - runtime
ii  xpm4g           3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries (for libc6) - runtime
ii  xpm4g-dev       3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries (for libc6) - development
ii  xserver-s3      3.3.1-2        X server for S3-based graphics cards

--
edd@rosebud.ml.org                 According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.