Re: xlib6 vs. xlib6g

Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> writes:

> A package I'm maintaining,  rosegarden,  has come out with dependencies on
> xlib6 AND xlib6g.  I didn't do this by hand,  I left the "shlibs" stuff in
> the control file.  I would purge xlib6 from the system,  but a lot of
> packages I need on a daily basis need xlib6.  How do I correct this?

Have a look at /etc/dpkg/shlibs.default (mentioned in the
dpkg-shlibdeps(1) man page).  I think you might find the dependencies
are coming from there.

I would save a copy, and try deleting all the X libs from it.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

     "Trust Ivanova.  Trust yourself.  Anybody else - shoot 'em."