Breaking GNU standards off from autoconf

Would anyone mind particularly if I took the GNU standards.info out of
autoconf and made a new package for it, and added maintain.info and
tasks.info to this package?  I think it is the right thing to do;
autoconf is not particularly suited for this.

On another note, is there a magic way to get this new package
installed by default if autoconf was previously installed?  Or should
I just use Suggests: on the part of autoconf?
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>