Re: Postilion Package

On  5 Dec, fog@perosa.alpcom.it wrote:
> On  5 Dic, tdale@okstate.edu wrote:
>> Dear Debian Developer World,
>>
>> I have made a debian package for the mail program Postilion.  I then
>> read that one should post ones intentions here so as to avoid a
>> duplicate effort.
>>
>> So is anyone else working on a debian package for the mail reader
>> Postilion.  If not I intend to.  I have also mailed the author asking
>> for his approval.
>
> Yes, me. I would have put the package out some time ago, but the author
> asked me to wait until a more stable release (like 0.8a) was released,
> and I did just that: I waited. If you want the package is your, just
> make sure to build it with my latest release of tkstep 8.0, that
> is much faster than tkstep 4.2.
>
> Ciao and good work.

Yes, I would like to maintain this package.  If that would be OK with
you.  But, I received email from Nic Bernstein this mourning asking
that I not release a package until version 1.0 is out in a month or so.
So, one way or another we must wait.  Would you be able to send me any
work you have done on the package?  I would find it instructive to be
able to compare.

--
Dale James Thompson (tdale@okstate.edu)