Re: bo-updates packages

martin@debian.org (Martin Mitchell) writes:

> Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de> writes:
>
> > Guess
> > why i proposed to name a directory with libc5 compiled hamm packages
> > "bo-unstable"?
>
> Surely bo-unstable == hamm, so please invest your time in hamm, not
> something that will be discarded in a few months.

Sure, but why invest my time in hamm which will be obsoleted in half a
year anyway?  While i like updated components i'm rather conservative
regarding complete system upgrades. For me bo is running fine enough
but i'd like to use a few features only present in more recent
versions of Debian software.  What's so bad about being a bit more
oriented towards a user's perspective?

Well, i prefer to use the few months (pretty much time waiting BTW)
until final release of hamm to upgrade the relyably stable system i'm
working with now.  I need software i can use today and can't wait for
tomorrow to happen.  Hey, Debian is not Microsoft!

                                   Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig