Re: Technical Support Database suggestion..., CL-HTTP-P

    Andreas> what about implementing this : make the database
    Andreas> writeable for everyone (e.g. via a cgi script, or a small
    Andreas> programm, that sends an email like bug, perfect : both),
    Andreas> and "only" moderate it (accept or reject
    Andreas> submissions). this way our users could help us !

 `smartlist' and `procmail' would be obvious choices for this type of
 application.[1] I made a simple hack with it that will write a mail
 sent through it into the `POP' bulletins directory.  It showed me
 that anything is possible with `procmail'.

    >> All these applications should be web based.

 I think email & web, with searching from both.  The `smartlist'
 searching and retrieval could stand improvement.  It would be good to
 improve the searching syntax a little; make it more natural to use.

    Andreas> i agree. sgml could the best format for the whole thing :
    Andreas> you could also create text versions, or print the whole
    Andreas> thing with tex.

 Sounds good.

    Andreas> go !  as usual : it get's only done, if you do it
    Andreas> yourself, so go !

 That's us.

 Q: Has anyone else been goofing with the CL-HTTP server?  It has
 tremendous potential for applications of this sort.  It's worth
 looking into, I think.  There already exist applications written for
 it that perform this sort of duty.  Please look into it with me.

 http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html

 ... and there are other links off my page that may or may not be of
 interest.

Footnotes:
[1]  I think it would be neat to upgrade the regexp stuff in
     `procmail' to utilize the new `pcre' library!

--
mailto:karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg