Technical Support Database suggestion...

I think that it would be useful if we were to design a technical
support database (something along the lines of GNATS but more user
friendly) that created an online searchable database of issues that
had been raised by users and the resolutions that had come out of it.

This would not only be more usable than the mailing list method but
would go further towards eliminating the repeated handling of
identical problems. Hopefully people would search the database and if
they couldn't find anything relevant then they could add an entry to
the database.

It would also be interesting to build a language translation system
that used similar methods. Package maintainers could submit
application texts and messages to a database and Debianites could
cooperatively translate them to other languages.

All these applications should be web based.