Re: Resolving perl-tk file overlap with addbbs and netcdf-perl.

Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> All three packages apparently contain
> /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00307/perllocal.pod, and I'm not even sure
> what it's for.  It looks like a doc file that's automatically updated
> to reflect all the locally installed perl modules.  Does anyone know
> for sure?

It gets appended to by the standard Perl-generated Makefile when a
`make install' is done for a locally compiled module.

> If that's what it is, I'd say the easiest answer may be to just remove
> it from all three packages.

This is a very good idea.  I'd like to be able to look at it to see
what packages I've installed locally without using a Debian package,
if I want to stay on the bleeding edge of some Perl modules.  Having
it clobbered would be slightly annoying.  It should really go in
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux, actually, but this is a different
issue.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"Encryption renamed to Encode to avoid US regulation problems"
                     - include/linux/wireless.h in Linux 2.0.30 kernel