Re: ircii_EPIC3.004-1

On Fri, 2 May 1997, David Welton wrote:

> On 2 May 1997, Kai Henningsen wrote:
>
> > davidw@efn.org (David Welton)  wrote on 01.05.97 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970501181502.370C-100000@chimchim>:
> >
> > > As far as naming it, I guess the only solution is to call it irciiepic,
> > > even though it's ugly.
> >
> > Does ircii really mean IRC-2? In which case, the ircii is already pretty
> > ugly.

No, that's the upstream name.

> Here are the untarred directory names:
>
> ircii-2.9.3roof (regular ircii)
> ircii-EPIC3.004
>
> This is without any mucking about on my part.  The resulting deb's are:
>
> ircii_2.9.3roof-1.deb
> ircii_EPIC3.004-1_i386.deb
>
> So maybe this should be irciiEPIC-3.004 ? blech...oh well.. :-)

If you call it ircii-epic, that will be OK. Also note that you SHOULD NOT
use caps in a package name. It breaks things. So you would have:-

ircii_2.9.3roof-1.deb, and
ircii-epic_3.004-1_i386.deb.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>			http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP ID 87D4D065, fingerprint 2A 66 86 9D 02 4D A6 1E  B8 A2 17 9D 4F 9B 89 D6