Re: Kernel on 1997-05-01 boot disks missing stuff.

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I just tried to do a "Zero Floppy Install" from the current disk set. When
> I boot the kernel using loadlin:
>
> 	loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin
>
> I gets to the point just before "uncompressing kernel" and locks with the
> error:  A20 gating failure.

This is the second time I've received a report of this and I'm pretty sure it's
because of the Toshiba Tecra patch.  I'll remove it from the next release which
will mean the people with Toshiba Tecra's won't be able to boot.  Any opinions?

Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>
Home Page: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/
PGP Key: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/pubkey.txt