Re: dpkg-buildpackage: pgp: Signature error

> > joost witteveen:
> > > Anyone knows why pgp suddenly looks for the root signature file?
> >
> > As far as I know, this is the way it has always worked. It is also
> > the way it should work -- you're running PGP as root, so of course
> > it looks in ~root/.pgp for the keyring. PGP does obey $HOME, for
> > what it's worth.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> > If it worked earlier, could you tell me with what versions of
> > PGP and dpkg-dev?
>
> It worked earlier, (been using it for a long time this way)

Were you using a different su before ?

sudo (and a program called su2, and possibly others) preserve your HOME envariable, so when pgp looks in $HOME/.pgp it finds the original user's pgp info.  This then works:

  $ sudo -s
  # dpkg-buildpackage

and you should be prompted for your own pgp key.

IMHO "dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo" is a better way to go though.

Cheers, Phil.