FVWM2 menus defined out of order...

 I want to report this as a bug, but am unsure about which packages
are involved.  Fvwm2 for sure, but what else?  I am not knowledgable
about how the menus are being built/created.

 In "/etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc", I have changed the main menu
section to look like this:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8
#
# The main menu.
#
AddToMenu MainMenu "Main menu" Title
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook
Read .fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook
#
# Read in system and user menu definitions.
#
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/menudefs.hook
Read .fvwm2/menudefs.hook
#
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu.hook
Read .fvwm2/main-menu.hook
+ ""			Nop
+ "Exit"	Popup Quit-Verify
#+ "%mini.exit.xpm%"	Popup Quit-Verify
8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8

... "/etc/X11/fvwm2/mainmenu.hook" needed "AddToMenu MainMenu" on the
top line to keep it from becoming part of a submenu defined in my own
menudefs.hook.

 In "/etc/X11/fvwm2/menudefs.hook", I deleted the "DestroyMenu
MainMenu" line, and removed the title declaration there, since it is
done from the main rc file, as you see here, placed at the top of the
MainMenu.

 Now, my menu looks like this: (I hope you're using a MIME mailers,
like XEmacs and VM 6.26)

GIF image

 You have to agree that the mini-icons much improve the menu's looks!
I would also like to have pixmap buttons on my titlebar frames, and
perhaps the side-bars on some frames.  (Does our FVWM support that???
I saw it on a WWW page a while ago.)

<dream>
 Folder-tabs on XEmacs frames would be nifty!
</dream>

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg