Re: Installation report: 1997-04-04

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)  wrote on 08.04.97 in <[🔎] m0wEozV-00IdU6C@golem.pixar.com>:

> The cfdisk can't seek bug still exists on this disk set. Fdisk worked.

Oopsie.

I guess this is my fault; I submitted a bug but didn't really check the
result (I don't need cfdisk _that_ often ;-)).

I do have a really old, self-patched cfdisk (probably even still a.out)
that works, so I'm quite certain that my suggestion in the bug report was
right. I'll have a look at the sources this weekend and will probably
submit a diff, unless it's no longer needed. (It really _is_ only a matter
of casting right so no bits get lost. This is "long long" math. Or just
use an Alpha with 64 bit ints ;-))

I can easily test this; after all, I have two 4.1 GB disks :-)

MfG Kai