Re: names and addresses for maintainers

sacampbe@mercator.math.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

> I propose that ALL maintainers be forced to use their debian.org
> e-mail address for all entries in Debian material, e.g. package
> files and documentation.

There was also another interesting suggestion:
automatically create a mail alias with the name of the (source) package
and maybe a maintenance domain so, for example, groff package would be
maintained by groff@maint.debian.org .

The Mainteiner field in the package could still hold the private email
address (and name) of the maintainer, and the alias would be used by the
bug tracking system and by the bug command.

In this way there would be no need for "change of maintainer" uploads
(absurd for a snapshot).

Cheers,
Fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  -  Using Debian GNU/Linux ! |
| 6F7267F5 fingerprint 57 16 C4 ED C9 86 40 7B 1A 69 A1 66 EC FB D2 5E |