Re: FSSTND Questions regarding /usr/{,local}/{share,libexec}/ ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> ... I was just asking for comments regarding the layout of the octave
> package.
>
> If I make another release of it before 1.3 (which is quite possible),
> I'll roll /usr/libexec back to /usr/lib, but I'll keep /usr/share and
> /usr/local/share as the comments were supportive.

I count 27 packages in bo using /usr/share and only one using
/usr/libexec.

Therefore my comment is to keep /usr/share, but to roll back to
/usr/lib. (although libexec is not forbitten by fsstnd, AFAIK)

For /usr/local/share, just follow new policy in building dirs under
/usr/local (mkdir them in postinst ignoring errors, if I remember well).

Cheers,
Fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  -  Using Debian GNU/Linux ! |
| 6F7267F5 fingerprint 57 16 C4 ED C9 86 40 7B 1A 69 A1 66 EC FB D2 5E |