Re: Bash 2.0 Problems

"Brian" == Brian C White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

Brian> My feeling is to release 1.3 with the older version of bash
Brian> and let bash 2.0 mature a bit longer for acceptance into the
Brian> next release.

Brian> Comments?  What benefits does bash2 give over the older bash?

I like it because it can correct spelling when changing directories.
That's the main thing for me, but it also has new features like array
variables.

On my system, at least, installing it didn't seem to break much.

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       System Administrator at Large         mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      Those who do not understand UNIX       mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\     are doomed to repeat it, poorly.       GO BLUE