Re: Bash 2.0 Problems

"Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> What was the end result of the bash 2.0 discussion?
>
> There were some incompatibility problems because of it.  I'm a little
> worried that these could cause problems with end-users in the upcoming
> Debian 1.3 release.

Well, I installed it on one of my machines with no problems (now that
syslod and dpkg have been updated), but I think the big complaint is
going to be when many user's shell functions break because they wrote
them like this

  foo () { bar }

At least I think that's one that breaks...

But there's nothing we can do about that.

--
Rob