Re: Installing bash 2.0 makes "man" lock up.

Joey Hess <joey@kite.ml.org> writes:

> I have bash 2.0-2 and man 2.3.10-18. I've been seeing weird problems as
> well, but nothing reproducable, so I haven't filed bug reports yet.

I found the problem.  I was using "set -a" and "set +a" before and
after sections of my bashrc to export some variables.

On my system at least, typing "set -a; set +a" at any prompt will
cause subsequent invocations of man to hang.  I used to think that
"set +a" undid "set -a", but I can't find any documentation of it.

Anyway, removing all the offending set calls from my scripts fixed the
problem.

--
Rob