Re: Upgrade procedure for tetex

Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com> writes:

> They can try again for the next unstable

Solving this would require 1) non-trivial changes in dpkg, and 2)
fixing bugs in the old TeX packages.  (One of them calls commands of
another in its postrm)

> or better yet make a roll-our-own TeX as was discussed and agreed to
> on debian-devel several months ago.

The Debian TeX developers later agreed (rightly so, in my opinion)
that this was too much work, and it was better to simply repackage one
of the established TeX distributions.

Remember, Chris, perfection is the enemy of goodness.

Guy