Re: Solved: Erk! Something is *really* wrong here!

Karl Ferguson wrote:

> Yes, it corrupts all TTY's - consoles, telnets and serial ports.  It can
> only be the kernel because I changed absolutely nothing after a degraded
> all the packages and still got those problems.  Hmmm, I wonder what the
> differences in 28 and 29 are?

I'm a bit late in the discussion but this is very unlikely to be the
kernel for the kernel has absolutely nothing to do with wtmp or utmp.
They are managed by programs like init, telnetd, rlogind, etc.  BTW, I'm
running 2.0.29 on one of machines and I haven't seen anything like it.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.2 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>